Rhinoplasty surgery is a procedure in which deformities of the nose are corrected by removing, rearranging or reshaping bone or cartilage. Nasal reconstruction and surgery was one of the first cosmetic procedures ever developed, and remains one of the most frequent facial cosmetic surgery procedures performed today.
While appearance is often the primary driver to have nose surgery (nose reduction, etc.), Drs. Carlotti at the Carlotti Cosmetic Surgery Center perform it in order to reshape the nose for both cosmetic and medically necessitated reasons. The advanced Maxilofacial and Craniofacial (facial and head skeletal surgery) surgical background of the Drs. Carlotti enables them to meld both form and function.
Reasons For Rhinoplasty Surgery:
- Reducing the size of the nose
- Removal of bumps on the nose
- Improving the angle of the nose
- Improving breathing and air flow
Before Rhinoplasty Surgery
The Carlotti Center will review your medical history and conduct a thorough examination in order to evaluate your general health prior to performing facial cosmetic surgery. Using digital photographs and computer imaging we can show you the way your nose can look in relation to other facial features and evaluate the appropriate surgical strategy for you.
Method of Nose Surgery
Nose Surgery is performed under General Anesthesia. In most cases the skin of the nose is separated from the underlying skeleton of bone and cartilage. The bone and cartilage are then reshaped and the skin re-draped over the surface. The incisions are placed inside the nose, unless an open approach is used, in which incisions are made across the tissue between the nostrils.
- Nose surgery recovery takes one to two weeks
- Following surgery, a lightweight splint is applied to maintain the new shape of the nose. This is removed within 10 days
- Bruising occurs around the eyes but begins to fade within a few days
- Discoloration usually disappears in two weeks
- Pain is minimal and controlled with medications
- Final results may not be evident until ONE YEAR following the procedure
Realistic expectations combined with good planning and technique lead to good results and happy patients! The Carlotti Center recommends checking with your insurance provider to determine if you are covered for this procedure.